A couple of weeks ago now, I was meeting with one of my clients, a CEO of a large specialty clinic. Of course, we were meeting at a local Starbucks early one morning, enjoying hot beverages and catching up on things. We covered a lot of ground – medical software technology to marketing and communications, innovation, expanding their footprint, etc.
As we were about to wrap up and go our separate ways, he mentioned something that intrigued me. The topic of books came up and what we were reading. He remarked, “I’d like for you to poll your folks and see what book are out there. Maybe, come up with a top ten list. I had just done a quick survey on another topic, and this sounded fun.
So below, are the results from my C-suite clients in healthcare, media and a few technology folks thrown in. I want to thank everyone who participated in this fun project.
Best professional and personal develop reading selection
- The 7 Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
- Higher: Awaken to a More Fulfilling Life by Charles Hanna
- The Hard Thing About Hard Things by Ben Horowitz
- The Goal by Eliyahu Goldratt
- Lincoln on Leadership: Executive Strategies for Tough Times by Donald Phillips
- The Art of War by Sun Tzu
- The 4 Disciplines of Execution: Achieving your Wildly Important Goals by Chris McChesney, Sean Covey and Jim Huling
- Building a StoryBrand: Clarify Your Message so Customers Will Listen by Donald Miller
- The ONE Thing: The Surprisingly Simple Truth Behind Extraordinary Results by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
- The Bible
Common Grounds update: We are now in several coffee shops and expanding. We are working on our online community and products to be offered there. In talking to my team, “Our world is in need of Common Grounds.” More later!
More cool surveys on the horizon!
So, what are you reading?